Capital Plus Financial (CPF) is committed to ensuring the accessibility of its website to a wide audience, including people with disabilities. CPF strives to continually monitor and improve its website performance and services to be compliant to the highest accessibility standards possible.
Accessibility on Capitalplusfin.com
New, updated and existing web content on our website, capitalplusfin.com, will meet our standards for accessibility by December 2020. We will begin with an assessment of our current conformance (see below). Any content on our website from third-party developers and content writers must follow our guidelines for accessibility. To understand our current level of compliance, please scroll to the bottom of this statement.
We aim to:
- Complete audits of our current website, the results of which will be public and will include a summary of the compliance features implemented (see below for current self-implemented review)
- Maintain an accessible website that complies as closely as possible WCAG 2.1 A standards by December 2020.
When auditing our website we specifically addressed the following areas at the template and page level; Structural Markup, W3C WAI-Aria Landmarks, Access Keys, Images, Links, Forms, Scripts, Visual Design.
At this time, Capital Plus Financial is not in a position to perform website testing with real users with disabilities. However, CPF will do its best to address the errors in reports conducted using standard automated accessibility tools. All tests and remediation to date have been based on automated testing.
Current Conformance Status
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Capital Plus Financial website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level A standards. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content, design elements, and functionality do not fully conform to the accessibility standards. Below you will find details on the actions we have taken to conform to standards as best as possible.
- On desktop, our current informational website (https://capitalplusfin.com/home/) scores a level of 100/100 for accessibility using Google’s Lighthouse accessibility tool. (as of 1/15/2020)
- On mobile, our current informational website (https://capitalplusfin.com/home/) scores a level of 100/100 for accessibility using Google’s Lighthouse accessibility tool. (as of 1/15/2020)
- Scores for all categories are shown below. Note that the last remaining alert is a link that goes to a pdf document (required for the site). Features, structured elements, and aria all refer to positive elements found on the site. All errors and alerts have been addressed.
The specific audit can be found here https://wave.webaim.org/report#/capitalplusfin.com
High Level Errors (0)
Contrast Errors (0)
- Link to PDF Document (1)
- Alt text (3)
- Linked Images with Alt text (6)
- Form Label (2)
- Number of elements present (21)
- Number of instances (40)
When pushing new content to the website, we will run the audits listed above to maintain our accessibility conformance. The goal is to keep the site at the current conformance state, improve the state of conformance as new content is added.
This policy was last reviewed on January 15, 2020.
This policy will be reviewed on or before January 1, 2021.
If you have any suggestions, comments, or questions regarding the accessibility of this website or our products, please email us at email@example.com, if possible with the subject line “Accessibility”. We will respond within 72-hours to any accessibility related issues on the site and will do what we can to improve your experience on our website.
Postal address: 2247 Central Dr. Bedford, TX, 76021
Adapted from Developing Organizational Policies on Web Accessibility https://www.w3.org/WAI/planning/org-policies/